As retirement and investment specialists, Cockburn Lucas offers particular expertise in the area of Care Fees Planning.
We are proud to be associated with Symponia, with Mike Horseman becoming a member in June 2012 after attaining the necessary specialist qualifications for advising in the Care Fees Planning sector.
Who are Symponia?
Set up by husband and wife team, Jeremy & Janet Davies, Symponia is very much a family company formed on an overriding foundation of traditional values and the genuine wish to help people at, what can be, a very difficult and highly emotional time.
The emphasis of all Symponia members is very much on respect and care, with the fundamental objective of enabling people to choose where they are cared for, with the peace of mind that they will be able to meet rising care costs indefinitely; whether care is needed now, or at an unknown time in the future.
Each and every family approaches the funding of care fees differently, and it goes without saying that they all deserve personal and bespoke attention. All of Symponia’s members will always endeavour to supply details of all the options available for every circumstance, making sure that both personal and family objectives are being met. Mike is an experienced practitioner and familiar with the needs and expertise required at what can be a stressful time for all concerned.
For more information about Symponia, follow this link to visit their website.
Alternatively, if you wish to speak to one of our expert consultants regarding Care Fees Planning, contact us today.
For tips on how to choose the right Care Home for your circumstances, please download our ‘Choosing a Care Home guide’ below.
If you are looking for advice in the area of Long-Term Care planning, please feel free to download our ‘Long-Term Care questionnaire’ and send it in to us.
|Care fees handbook||Guide to choosing a Care Home||Long-Term Care questionnaire||Introduction to the Care market|
|Care Fees Planning –Proposed ChangesMarch ‘13|
Our office and e-mail addresses can be found on our contact page.
Below are a list of links which you may find helpful:
- Apply online for attendance allowance
- To register an existing Enduring Power of Attorney or apply for a Receivership Order
- Information on Lasting Powers of Attorney www.guardianship.gov.uk
- Information from Nottinghamshire County Council on care they can provide http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/caring/
- Find out which benefits and care you may be entitled to http://www.turn2us.org.uk/default.aspx
- Daily Mail – As key reform stalls, families face prospect of £30,000 a year shortfall for care home bills
- Care Quality Commission- The health and social care regulator in England. Publishes reports and quality ratings with an online search tool to find care homes in your area.
- Elderly Accommodation Counsel – A charity providing information and guidance on care.
- First Stop Advice Service – Free advice for older people, their families and carers about care and housing options.
- Registered Nursing Home Association – Organisation for care homes with nursing care. Nursing homes that reach RNHA standard carry a blue cross.